Sewage backing up into this newsgroup

This newsgroup has become a cesspool filled with hatred and moronic racism. The trolls appear to have spewed their disgusting crap all over the place.
Transforming good and beneficial things into vile and hate filled things seems to be the agenda. Very sad.....
On 10/16/2015 01:45 PM, Smarty wrote:

sheesh man, use a filter
On 10/16/2015 2:45 PM, Smarty wrote:

This has been in the making for at least 10 years. Alt building construction & Alt HVAC used to be good ones too. When the founder Paul of HVAC left, he seen it coming for years.
Usually I use this group for obituaries. Someone usually reports some old timer kicking.
The Garden Web has good home forums. It's moderated, so too much shit doesn't hang around long before it gets flushed and the ISP gets banned. But then again since it got bought by Houzz it's going downhill.

I guess people used to pay tons of money so they could sit in front at Vegas clubs where Don Rickles could see and insult them. Then there was Dave Chappelle who played a black Klansman on his TV show. Either would make a good troll.

On 10/16/2015 5:13 PM, Earl wrote:

Paul was a major contributor to the destruction of alt.hvac, by turning it into a clique where only he and his toadies were allowed to post without suffering constant harassment. They drove everybody else away, and eventually, when only a handful of regulars were left, Paul left, too.

Well Smarty-pants, bend over and someone will apply the Vasoline. See if that will make you less sad. Or just fuck off to Starbucks for a Latte Grande. Maybe Hillary and Huma will stop in while you are there.
On Friday, October 16, 2015 at 1:47:28 PM UTC-5, Smarty wrote:

Personally, I agree with you...but I would have left your statement stand, without replying. Instead, many A-holes here chose to indict you for having an opinion...further strengthening your thoughts...
On 10/17/2015 7:39 AM, bob_villa wrote:

I guess *they* aren't entitled to an opinion? Or, by your reasoning, is the OP *also* an A-hole?
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 9:46:08 AM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

My reasoning *IS* my opinion...I choose to agree with the OP. I said "many"...if you want to include yourself, that's your purgative.
On 10/17/2015 8:25 AM, bob_villa wrote:

Yet, you indicted those "others" who voiced THEIR opinions to the contrary of the OP -- labeling them A-holes in the process.
If you (and the OP) are entitled to an opinion, then surely *they* are, as well!?
[And, if you read -- carefully -- what I wrote, I didn't explicitly include nor exclude myself from that grouping]
I've never understood the whining that people engage in re: this sort of issue. If you don't like what is being said, THEN DON'T READ IT! Instead, the push is to CENSOR other folks' speech.
It doesn't take much effort to sort out the posts you can safely ignore (because the individuals engage in discourse that you find unappealing). If you don't want to be exposed to "sin", live in a monastery (I guess novitiates fondling each other isn't considered "sin" :> ).
Personally, I have software that examines message content and just elides messages that it "knows" I don't want to bother reading. It also "learns" which posts (individuals) I "avoid" and, over time, filters those out so I'm not inconvenienced by their presence. I.e., *it* does the "remembering" *for* me!
But, for a group with this little traffic, you should be able to mentally track who to read and who to pass by...
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 11:51:11 AM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

You're starting to sound more and more like T-4. Wordy, pompous, and tedious... But you are intelligent...one consolation!
On 10/17/2015 3:36 PM, bob_villa wrote:

Sorry you apparently can't see the meaning behind the initial *few* words that necessitated the followup words!
Restating my initial comment re: your objection to those who weren't "in total sympathy" with the OP's comment:
I guess *they* aren't entitled to an opinion? Or, by your reasoning, is the OP *also* an A-hole?
Which I later expanded upon:
Yet, you indicted those "others" who voiced THEIR opinions to the contrary of the OP -- labeling them A-holes in the process.
If you (and the OP) are entitled to an opinion, then surely *they* are, as well!?
And offered the SIMPLE ADVICE to folks who don't like what they read (in a forum that has no enforced rules and VOLUNTARY participation):
I've never understood the whining that people engage in re: this sort of issue. If you don't like what is being said, THEN DON'T READ IT! Instead, the push is to CENSOR other folks' speech.
Wordy? Pompous? Tedious??
I consider it just an obvious truth that needed "extra words" because you disliked the criticism of YOUR criticism.
Hey, guess what? I *never* name-shift! So, you can simply add a filter that removes all posts "From" Don Y and be spared the bother of my Wordy, Pompous and Tedious posts! Won't that make you feel SO much better??
On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 3:20:31 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

...I try to make this simple...you were not insulting him but others were, hence they are A-holes. You read more into things than are there... "Opinions *are* like assholes...unless you have a colostomy!"
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Before colonoscopy.
--
Tekkie

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 12:58:52 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:

Took you awhile to catch that... (sign you, Unc. bifocal monster)
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I grant the thy wish! I know my assholes and you are one.
--
Tekkie

On Friday, October 16, 2015 at 1:47:28 PM UTC-5, Smarty wrote:

Yes, some trolls can be witty and humorous. Everyone is entitled to their o pinions; however, some of those here are simply cowards who are only brave enough to speak under cover of anonymity. They get their kicks out of putti ng others down. They would never have the guts to stand up and express thei r opinions in public in front of others. They enjoy being small-minded.