Sevin powder applicator ideas

Page 2 of 2

If you can minimize my witness of the spirit, I'll minimize your truth. That's just what some old guys wrote in a book, you can't know that Catholic is true.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Like this. You might need to enlarge the hole. http://groups.google.com/group/misc.rural/msg/95161c507175473f
Add pictures here
✖
Totally brilliant! And, it would explain why I'm in a store, buying... uh, well.... you know.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

They sell sevin also in a lawn spray version that attaches to a garden hose , like the lawn fertiliser bottles. I used it on japaese Bettles on a Willow tree and it kept the bettles off for months, I think I also did one in ground nest wth it and it worked. Ive done to many nests to count with the powder, maybe 20, but the liqued bottle on a hose is worth a try or mixing the powder on a garden sprayer, I believe it leaves a film that is active for a long time.
Add pictures here
✖
The entrance to the wasp nest is about 3/8 inch hole, and the nest is uphill from there. Not likely to work in this application.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

(vanished upstream message restored for clarity- Stormin, if you MUST top-post, get rid of your sig delimiter.)
.
They sell sevin also in a lawn spray version that attaches to a garden hose , like the lawn fertiliser bottles. I used it on japaese Bettles on a Willow tree and it kept the bettles off for months, I think I also did one in ground nest wth it and it worked. Ive done to many nests to count with the powder, maybe 20, but the liqued bottle on a hose is worth a try or mixing the powder on a garden sprayer, I believe it leaves a film that is active for a long time.
------------ (now my reply)
The Sevin my local Farm Bureau sells comes in a plastic squeezable bottle, with a skinny tube you snap into the opening. You shake it up to unclump it, stick the tube in the hole, and squeeze hard. Shoots out a nice big puff of powder. Usual caveats about long-sleeve shirts tucked and taped as needed, and goggles and a mask, apply. Best to hit the hole after dark, to catch as many as possible at home.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖
Winblows Outhouse Distress puts in the sig defibrillator. Farm supply place makes sense, to me.
(now my reply)
The Sevin my local Farm Bureau sells comes in a plastic squeezable bottle, with a skinny tube you snap into the opening. You shake it up to unclump it, stick the tube in the hole, and squeeze hard. Shoots out a nice big puff of powder. Usual caveats about long-sleeve shirts tucked and taped as needed, and goggles and a mask, apply. Best to hit the hole after dark, to catch as many as possible at home.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖

Stop top posting, you knucklehead. You cannot justify it except to say that you're bored with life and you think top posting is exciting. Get a different hobby.
Add pictures here
✖