Sevin powder applicator ideas

Page 1 of 2

Rochester, NY area has some new breed of wasps. Gentle readers may remember that I was looking for spray, last fall, for the wasps which burrow into the sides of my church building.
Several different type of wasp spray aparently had no effect. Including carb cleaner spray.
Sevin powder seemed to work last year. The question is how to puff the powder into the little wasp entrance hole. Without the repair guy getting to breathe the powder. So, how does one apply powdered bug dust?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

A turkey baister
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/15/2010 12:01 PM, ransley wrote:

I have to ask the obvious question: if you're having such a hard time applying the Sevin in dust form, why aren't you using the liquid form of Sevin in its place? It's safer for the applicator - inhaling pesticide dust is no joke.
If you *must* use the dust form of Sevin, then for pity's sake break down and buy a proper duster. Here's an online source for several models. A good local farm/garden supply store should also be able to help you.
http://www.pestsupplycenter.com/equipment-supplies/dusters.html
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for the link for dusters. The new breed of wasps burrows up into the edge of the building, under the lower edge of the siding, near the roof line. Hard to describe. I'm not sure if liquids would do any good. Maybe?
I havn't yet tried to apply the powder. I don't know, yet, if it's hard to apply. Or not. Simply havn't tried, yet.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Try it first with something safe, like some baby powder, you twit.
Add pictures here
✖
You know, that did occur to me. Thanks. Will let you know how it works.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Go to the baby product aisle of the supermarket or drug store and get one of those bulb things used for getting snot out of babies' noses. And you *will* go to whatever home/hardware store and get a serious filter mask, unless you're stupid.
Add pictures here
✖
Oh, that's a thought. Two votes for squeeze bulb device. I'm not sure how much powder will be released. A dust mask is an interesting idea.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

HPC makes a nice little rubber graphite gun to puff powder.
In the alternative perhaps blending the powder with some cream cheese and use a pastry bag to squeeze the stuff into the cracks
Add pictures here
✖
I've got a couple graphite guns. I'd never occured to me, to make a paste and inject it like caulk. That could work, the entrance holes are small enough. Worth some thought.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

An interesting idea? Are you out of your mind? It's mandatory, you twit.
Also: On this planet, smart people do not top-post. "Like a book" is the correct way.
Add pictures here
✖
Dedicated turkey baster.
http://www.catholic.com/library/Distinctive_Beliefs_of_Mormon.asp http://www.catholic.com/library/Gods_of_the_Mormon_Church.asp http://www.catholic.com/library/Mormon_Stumpers.asp http://www.catholic.com/library/Problems_with_the_Book_of_Mormon.asp http://www.catholic.com/library/Proving_Inspiration.asp
Add pictures here
✖
Yes, clearly marked for the use. So that the squeeze bulb doesn't get used for turkeys.
Thanks for the links. But, they aren't very accurate.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Right back at ya.
Add pictures here
✖
My link has about 11 million people who have prayed to know if it's true, and God has said yes. Your link is a bunch of people living the family traditions.
Until the Spirit says otherwise, I'm going to keep sharing what I know to be true. You keep sharing what your family tradition is.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Gut feelings (even after praying) aren't a substitute for truth.
I've heard Mormons say that if the Catholic Church didn't apostasize from the true faith, they'd have no reason not to be Catholic.
So here's my challenge. Pick a date for this great apostasty. Write it down. Next, read the Church Fathers before that date and decide for yourself if they sound like Mormons or Catholics.
Deal?
Add pictures here
✖

Gut feelings (even after praying) aren't a substitute for truth.
I've heard Mormons say that if the Catholic Church didn't apostasize from the true faith, they'd have no reason not to be Catholic.
So here's my challenge. Pick a date for this great apostasty. Write it down. Next, read the Church Fathers before that date and decide for yourself if they sound like Mormons or Catholics.
Deal? =============== I love watching debates about mythology. I just wish I had some popcorn.
Add pictures here
✖

The oddest myth I've ever heard of is that the universe exists for no reason.
http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics-more/20_arguments-gods-existence.htm#6
Add pictures here
✖

Unfortunately, all of Kreeft's 20 arguments contain elementary logical fallacies, mostly _petitio principii_ or "begging the question". The only one that I found even remotely compelling -- and I'm a practicing Catholic, I *agree* with him -- was #17: "There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either see this one or you don't. "
Add pictures here
✖
I believe in popcorn. Long as it's true popcorn.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus