Seven most outrageous HOA rules

Thank you. What does that mean in English? Doesn't the wind determine which way the stars point?

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:

Steve B

re: "The proper protocol in a case like this is to refuse to close."

That's easy to say from afar, but we don't really know what the circumstances were, do we?

There could have been issues related to family, jobs, schools, housing, medical, loans, finances, etc.

Maybe they *had* to close by a certain date and couldn't wait any longer without suffering consequences that were unbearable - to

*them*. We're all different.

I'm all for following "protocol" but there can often be extenuating circumstances that force protocol to the side.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Not on a casket or hung over a street.

"On a casket, the union (blue field) should be at the deceased person?s head and heart, over the left shoulder."

"When the U.S. flag is displayed other than from a staff, it should be displayed flat, or suspended so that its folds fall free. When displayed over a street, place the union so it faces north or east, depending upon the direction of the street."

Oren

re: "On a casket, the union (blue field) should be at the deceased person=92s head and heart, over the left shoulder."

This is either redundant or impossible.

For the vast majority of us, it's redundant since the "at the deceased person=92s head and heart" would place the union in the same location as "over the left shoulder".

However, for those with Dextrocardia, where the heart is on the right side of the body, you can't meet both of those criteria.

I've seen other sites that simply say: "at the deceased person=92s head, over the left shoulder" with no mention of the heart.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Everyone should see a recruit graduation ceremony at Parris Island in August :o) It is an interesting spectacle. Good march music as well!

Reply to
norminn

Interesting. I was not aware of this condition.

Males sense to me.

Reply to
Oren

They should not have agreed to the purchase until they had been given a copy of the rules and had time to evaluate them.

Reply to
BobR

Guadacanal belonged to the Japanese. Chesty Puller* didn't like the way the Japanese were running the place, so he did something about it.

Oh, he could have gone elsewhere or stayed where he was, but he saw an injustice, an insult, an affront to decency, and he did something about it.

Same as this old geezer.

With a slight modification, the rallying cry "Kill Japs. Kill Japs. Kill more Japs" could be resurrected for contemporary problems.

Harken to the refrain: "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men not to shoot the evil-doers." Nothing would please me more than for the medicine man to be waving chicken claws of some of these folks' ashes.

As an aside, I think property values would INCREASE in a neighborhood where the residents tried to outdo each other in their display of ostentatious patriotism.

Reply to
HeyBub

At parades, I have seen them hung with the stripes both horizontal and vertical on cables that cross the street.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Please see my post about extenuating circumstances.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I my city and through the buyer's agent, the seller has to provide the CC&R's to the buyer at seller's expense.

The buyer has 30 days to read, review, consume all the noise. The buyer has to sign a form indicating they have read and accept the rules.

We use a title office, instead of attorneys. The tile company checks that the CC&R's are acknowledged buy the buyer.

You cannot close otherwise...

Reply to
Oren

AND their increase of shooting evil-doers.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:

Steve B

I'll bet Chesty was really rooting for Hawaii in the Little League World Series game against Japan last Sunday.

I know I was!

Alas, the kids from Hawaii were unable to prevail.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I was drafted. Army Infantry / Artillery. For a spectacle, one needs to see the recruits first hair cut.

Hippies were asked: "Short or medium cut?"

"Medium"

"Sure!"

Buzz. Oops, missing one pony tail.

Reply to
Oren

The only, and allow me to repeat that ONLY, proper protocol is to not make an offer to purchase without reviewing the HOA restrictions.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Should we change should to shall? Or should we say they "ought" to do it?

Here is a sample when "should", should be changed to shall!

Last two sentences:

"During the hoisting or lowering of the flag or when it passes in parade or review, Americans should stand at attention facing the flag and place their right hand over the heart. Uniformed military members render the military salute. Men not in uniform should remove any headdress and hold it with their right hand at their left shoulder, the hand resting over the heart. Those who are not U.S. citizens should stand at attention."

"When the flag is worn out or otherwise no longer a fitting emblem for display, it should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

Reply to
Oren

And as I've said twice before in this thread:

Protocol can sometimes be pushed aside due to extenuating circumstances.

Yes, that may be the *proper* protocol to follow, but there are often times, in many facets of our life, when proper protocol just cannot be followed.

P.S. Your statement could be modified to read: "This offer to purchase is contingent on review and acceptance of the HOA restrictions."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Steve B wrote: (snip)

Increasingly common, and perfectly abhorrent to me. The HOA becomes, in effect, the lowest unit of local government, providing the services that the real local government is supposed to provide, and artificially keep local tax rates low. What is the next step- offloading local law enforcement on the HOAs? Oh, right, the 'gated communities', aka HOAs from hell, already do that. Local cops only come in when called- the contract guards keep the riff-raff out.

We are only a couple major economic burps away from the feudal system coming back, methinks. The few people with money will own the modern versions of villages, and everyone else will either pay tribute to them for protection, or work for them. That Black Sheep nursery rhyme where it talks about one for my master, and one for my Thane? The Thane would be the HOA, and the bag of wool the monthly assessment.

Reply to
aemeijers

Well, not that I believe that, since there are VERY few HOAs around here and a TON of new, large developments, what idiot buys a house in a "development"? Anyone, anyone?

I've been to Florida. Once you can't smell the ocean any more, you may as well be in Louisiana. Unless a job required it (and it would have to be a great job), I wouldn't live in Florida, at least the inland part.

(And I own a house in Louisiana, so I do know what it is like.)

Reply to
aemeijers