Setting Fence Posts

Hello All...

I am going to be setting some 2 3/8" x 8' corner chain link fence posts. I would like advice on:

1) How deep should I dig the hole, and put concrete in, to insure the posts do not raise up during winter/ground-freezing? I think the frost line here in Michigan is 24".

2) What diameter should the hole be?

3) To what depth of the hole should be filled with concrete? That is should it not be above the frost line? In other words if I dig a 3 foot hole and the frost line is 24" should I only put concrete in the first 1 foot of the hole?

Any information appreciated!!

Reply to
 Bluto

Andrew Duane