setback thermostats

In the winter the temp is more constant, in the summer one day it may be 72 degs, the next 92, so you would be programing the stat every other day unless you want to maintain a constant 75 degress in the summer.If the high for the day is 98, and the stat is set at 75 the A/C will most likely run and never shut off not to mention never maintain 75.

I keep the stat usually 7-10 degress cooler than it is outside in the summer, unless the high for the day is somewhere in the mid 70's I turn off the A/C.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

This is Turtle.

The F81 series is about the best the DIYer"s will get to play with. You may know all there is to know about correctly installing it but the other 99 DIYer's will send them to school.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Reply to
nospambob

On 11/05/04 01:04 am TURTLE put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Thanks, Turtle.

I just thought of something else: now that our son starts school at different times on different days, we ought to have a 7-day thermostat rather than the current 5+1+1. Is there something at least as good as the current White-Rodgers 1F81-261 -- and available to a DIYer?

MB

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

I program it once and leave it that way regardless of the outside temperature, occasionally overriding it temporarily.

Reply to
Alan

This is Turtle

I would have to go look up the F-80 Series if I can remember right has a 7-7 and alone with the 5-2 . Now where you get the F-80 from you should be able to get a F-90 series with a 7-7 feature. Here is a sight to look at the features at.

This is the page to look at them and the features. Your looking for the 7-7

Now with a little thinking you can get the 5-2 do what you want it to do also.

If you like E-Mail me and discuss it. The email address here on the group is good.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

On the batterys. Everyready and other last about 12 to 14 months. The New Duracell's i have seen will go as much as 2 years under normal use. I know this sounds like a Duracell salesmanship ad but this is what I've seen.

As you said No Mechanical thermostat will work as good as a digital type for they all have a program in them that will estimate the run time [ it thinks and runs longer at times to keep a even temp. in your home ] and will adjust the run times to keep the house at the right temperature. The Round Honeywell does not think and just does what you tell it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE