Server down?

Test In an altercation with the police, complying with their orders greatly increases your chances of survival.

Reply to
Seymore4Head

When I was in college, I once got into an altercation with the police (sort of).

I was crossing the street with my date and with a friend who was also crossing the street with his date. We were on our way to a restaurant.

An unmarked "police" car stopped and the driver opened the rear door and asked the young women if they'd like to join him.

The car was a a Ford LTD exactly like the police force used. The guy looked exactly like a plain close police man and he even had radios and a red light exactly like the police...but something seemed fishy so I slammed the door shut and we continued on.

Within seconds , the driver ran out and put his hands around my neck and I told my friend to call the cops immediately. I assumed the guy to be an impostor but was not really sure what was going on.

I oddly enough over-powered him and ended up breaking the watch right off his wrist. I handed it back to him and told him, " Here is your cheap piece of crap watch!"

Then uniformed police arrived and talked to the guy. By this time the area was surrounded by my college buddies and they thought I was in real trouble.

One of the Milwaukee policemen then came over and informed me the driver of the car was the Chief of the (nearby) Mequon Fire depart and had "too much firewater". "Did I want to press charges?"

The police officer and I had a big laugh and I shook my head and said "no".

We then continued on and had our meal.

Reply to
philo

The quick brown fox got stopped by the lazy cop's back.

This video is by Chris Rock, who advise how not to get your ass kicked by the police. High PG-13 to R rated for language, but what he says is correct.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What a story!!

Would you be that forgiving now?

Reply to
micky

Yes, I'd be that forgiving.

He did not hurt me.

Had he inflicted injuries though I would have pressed charges.

Reply to
philo

You know what's interesting? We've seen all the protests about black lives matter, hands up don't shoot, and all the rest. Lectures from Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Obama and the usual race hustlers. But what haven't we seen that would make a HUGE difference in avoiding these shootings by police? These leaders and talking heads telling blacks and everyone else that the way to avoid this from happening is to just cooperate with the police. In almost every one of these recent cases, if the suspect had cooperated, not resisted arrest, the shooting never would have happened. That doesn't say the cops are never at fault, clearly in some of these latest episodes, they are. But why is there no message being sent out to blacks to just cooperate?

Actually, there is a message being sent out. The president of a chapter of the NAACP just told blacks that they should arm themselves to protect themselves from police who are "terrorists". Great idea, eh? I'm sure that will help the situation a lot.....

Reply to
trader_4

That would be in West Memphis Ar , I believe . The FBI/justice dept/and/or other agencies have told the Memphis Tn juvenile court to lighten up , they're being too tough on youthful offenders . Did you see the recent video of them attacking the black guy that helped the lady to her car ? Apparently we didn't get to see all the surveillance video , it seems the "youthful crowd" harassed her going into the store . And remember a few months ago when the "youthful crowd" beat a Kroger employee severely ? The "youths" that put that guy in the hospital got 20 hours community service each for that one ... Our kids that live in Memphis tell us that there are shots most every night , usually several times . And the influential racist black leaders are telling blacks to "arm themselves against the police" ... looks a lot like they're trying to set the stage for a martial law takeover ... and it wouldn't surprise me if there were efforts to suspend elections "until this crisis is over" . That'd be like declaring open season on those alphabet agencies ... and

200 million deer hunters would be more than happy to fill a tag .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Per philo:

I would have been wondering how many other innocent people he had harassed - or even beat up.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per trader_4:

(PeteCresswell)

He was pretty loaded, I don't think he was able to do much.

Never did check though to see if he kept his job.

Reply to
philo

In 1978, I was walking home at 11 PM after checking something at the church, half a mile away. I was listening to the World Series on an earphone connected to a black pocket radio I held in front of my chest.

I was on the sidewalk along a state highway. I was in a dip, out of sight of houses. There were no street lights on that stretch.

The road was on my left. From behind, a car cut across. The lights shut off as the left front tire reached the curb. The driver's door flew open, blocking me. No interior light came on. A dark shape jumped out. I knew it was a cop only because my peripheral vision saw the outline of the light bar on the roof. If I'd looked that way, I don't know if I would have seen it. Central vision is poor in the dark.

It was a bizarre way for cops to behave. I couldn't see over the crest a few yards ahead. A car coming over the crest could plow into the blacked-out cop car.

Before I went to Vietnam, I was amazed that veterans could see so well in the field at night. I got better when I was there. I felt like Audrey Hepburn in "Wait Until Dark." I'd been back 10 years, but my night vision was still good enough that as the driver jumped out in front of me, I could see his partner jump out and run around the back. He must have been wearing sneaky soles because I didn't hear him running.

I was phlegmatic. I was concerned that these assholes could cause an accident and were about to interrupt the World Series. As the partner rounded the back of the car in his sneaky shoes, he raised his club over his head. That's when my hair seemed to stand on end.

I'd once been issued a club to escort a prisoner. I was warned that a blow could kill him or leave him paralyzed. By the feel of the club, I believed it.

I hated it. For all I knew, his only offense was the equivalent of being late for school. Even if concern for him didn't inhibit me, the club was too slow for a prisoner who might make his move at any instant. If he ran, my hands would be quicker. If he jumped me, the club could be a disadvantage.

I ate lunch with one hand. I thought of letting him eat first so he could hold my club, but if he wasn't honest, he might steal it while I was looking for a napkin to wipe my hands so he wouldn't slip from my grasp if I caught him.

That night in 1978, when I saw the cop raise his club over his head as he ran, I knew from experience that it was clumsy. The only reason to do it was to fracture my skull from behind. I spun toward him. In the words of Rick Nelson, "When you dance with me don't dance too slow. Move on up, get toe to toe. we're gonna rock till we can't rock no more." (His mother loved that song. It was about the time a 14-year-old had him on the carpet, like Daisy Mae and Li'l Abner. Ozzie and John Wayne were outraged, but Harriet went on TV to tell the world they were following their natural feelings and she wasn't knocking it.)

If I jumped at the right instant, my hand would be quicker than his club. I would attempt a field tracheotomy. If that failed, I'd be too close for his club, and I could try my hand at eye surgery.

He stopped short, as if I were pointing a gun at him. The driver turned on his flashlight. He asked for my driver's license. I was no stranger. I'd lived there 13 years. My father was FOP chaplain. I spent a lot of time on the streets because I'd probably walk if a place was within a couple of miles. There were few other pedestrians in town.

I expected to be interrogated. Someone was killed beneath the town all light, and the slayer who ran looked a lot like me. Unless my best friend's wife testified, I'd hang.

They drove off with no questions. If there had been no murder, there had been no reason to stop me.

Blacking out their car endangered traffic and meant I couldn't see they were cops. In terms of their own safety, they couldn't have seen if I'd pointed a gun at them. They must have wanted to club me to death. They could tell the press it was a drug deal gone bad. Nobody had reason to think I was involved in criminal activity, so it must have been a personal vendetta. If you want to hire a murderer, check with your police chief. Politicians hire chiefs and chiefs hire cops. What politician wouldn't want murderers on his payroll?

When I turned toward him in the dark while holding a pocket radio in front of my chest, the cop with the club must have mistaken it for a gun pointed at him. They intended to move quickly, and this was a hitch. Once they turned on the flashlight, the fear of being seen stopped them from attacking.

When you leave the house, carry a crucifix for protection from vampires and a pocket radio for protection from cops. Why don't they make crucifixes with headphone jacks? No mass appeal?

Reply to
J Burns