Serrated knive sharpener

Has anyone found a decent low cost serrated knive sharpener, I would prefer an electric model.

Thanks Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Just sharpen it , I dont think one exists.

Reply to
m Ransley

Try this, you'll find plenty of them

Abe

I use a chefs choise 120$ machine and even though it says for serated and I do shapen them they dont save the serations, I see them as just sharpeners. To save the serations you need a stone to fit each seration, or the original machine that cut them.

Reply to
m Ransley

I have a well used bread knife that has been sharpened so many times that the serrations had worn down to where it wouldn't cut through a firm bread crust. Decided to try sharpening, failing that to buy a new one.

I put a grinding stone about 1/8 inch in diameter (originally purchased to sharpen my chain saw) in my MotoTool and ground the notches deeper. Also restored the cutting edge slope on the high points. Then I ran it through a regular sharpener to smooth up the bevel on the "teeth".

Works almost like a saw now. I probably over did it, but I'm happy. It's the only knife I have that will cut through a tough crust or tomato skin without excessive pressure. This was a salvage job that will probably survive another twenty years of wear from standard sharpeners.

SJF

Reply to
SJF