Septic tanks and water softener options

Page 3 of 3
On Sep 4, 12:43 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Very few States/locations call for no discharge to city sewer or onsite septic systems. Those few that do usually stipulate a dry well be used. Those that don't, ban on site regenerated softeners all together. Dry wells and french style drains can very easily contaminate the groundwater and eventually a home's private well water.
A french drain is not a dry well although some french style drains may end in a dry well, very rarely will water make it into the dry well, because of how a french style drain works.
There are a number of reasons a correctly sized softener will be set up to regenerate more frequently than every 7-8 days.
Yes most twin tank softeners are undersized, especially Kinetico.
Gary Slusser Quality Water Associates

Here you go...
http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/99-00/bill/sen/sb_1001-1050/sb_1006_cfa_19990519_212053_sen_floor.html
http://www.riversideca.gov/municipal_code/title_14/12/245.html
http://valleywater.org/media/pdf/Salinity_Management_Workshop/DWR%20On-Site%20Self%20Regenerative%20Water%20Softeners%20in%20CA.pdf
http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/rwqcb3/Permits/documents/wdr00-12.pdf
On Sep 6, 3:51 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You've replied to the wrong post but.... if you are replying to my comment: "Very few States/locations call for no discharge to city sewer or onsite septic systems.". Then you must think that 4 links to the State of CA is a lot. I don't.

I've read it all and there is no mention of limiting the volume of a softener's discharge. The only use of the word is concerning the limitation of salinity in their sewer system, not an individual residential households' waste stream.
Are you aware that most if not all those regs were overturned through legal action?

I suspect the last three articles/links above are on the same banning residential softeners subject instead of showing me were the discharge from a softener into a city sewer is limited as in the volume rather than banned outright. So I won't be reading them, copy paste where it says they limit volume rather than ban it altogether and I'll read it.
Gary Slusser Quality Water Associates