Septic Tank smell

    Have a septic tank system about 3 years old. Occasionally we notice a very strong sew smell on our back deck. It does seem to only occur when the wind is dead calm and temperature is very low just below freezing. There is a vent stack coming out the roof in the area with the strongest smell. It is also located on a lower portion of the roof near where the house has a next floor so stack is kind of in a closed in area where little wind would get to it to dispurse the smell. I am assuming what is happening is the warm air in the septic tank expands up the stack. Once in the cold air it cool and desends to the deck. Anyway to check out the source and what would be a possible correction to eliminate this smell?
email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end TIA Hank

Introduce your wife to Massengill.......
I think the best solution would be to extend the stack upward as high as feasible. There are code provisions for stacks in areas like this subject to downdrafts that require adequate distance from the higher area and adequate height above the roof. Don Young

    Thanks for your responce. Will try extension of the stack when weather is better. Thanks again