Septic tank question.

I had a toilet running for about 5 hours and ended up with septic overload symptoms. (gurgling, high water level in cleanout etc) It went away pretty quickly after I addressed the toilet problem. Is this normal or should I be looking for a septic problem (say 150-180 gallons of water an hour for 5 hours)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Most smaller residential septic systems are rated for about 500 gallons per day, so you ran over 2X that. With a basic single tank system, that has the postential to push solids into the field which can shorten the life of the field.
That said, there's not a lot you can do at this point. If things get back to normal you can wait until your pumping person shows up and have them check out the system operation.