Septic tank question

A friend of mine wants to know which is a better septic tank drainfield...an infiltrator or PTI system? Never having had a septic tank myself, I don't know what that means, so I figured I'd throw it out to this group for help. Thanks!

Reply to
Pdk Pdk

I'm no expert but I have septic system. There are basically 2 parts, the tank and the drain field. The tank is segmented and solid waste deposits in the tank where it is digested. Tanks must be pumped out every few years to keep from overflowing into drain field and clogging pipes.

Construction of drain field depends on soil and perk. Perk is how fast the soil absorbs water. Too fast a perk and gray water may contaminate aquifers, too slow and a wet, contaminated field may developed. In my area, 2 drain fields are now required in case one stops functioning. Then you can switch back and forth if required. The drain field not being used is rejuvenated by rain removing salts that have accumulated.

You might look at this:

Frank