Septic tank cleaning price?

I am having my septic tank cleaned for the first time. Price qouted $175.00 Location East central Florida Is this a good price?

Reply to
edb

Sure, it was 300 for mine. Might want to inquire about an inspection at the same time, a quality professional can spot any potentials in the drain field and locate the parts before you forget about them over time - distribution box, drain field line markers that sort of stuff. Much easier to maintain the system if you know where everything is.

Reply to
Eigenvector

I agree. Mine is also around $300 (1500 gal tank). Kids are gone now, so we do it less often, but the inspection has value even when pumping isn't really essential. Our system is older (1965), but knock-on-wood so far.

That's what my man charges here in the South KC areas.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

YEs. Just did mine. $350 for a 750 gal tank. I don't know if the price depends on tank size. That quote seems to be about 1/2 of the norm according to this thread.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

$185 in rural, southern PA.

Reply to
C & E

$600 to $800 in Ore and Wash...but $100 to $300 is average. Costs vary on local labor rates and what the contractor has to do with the load...in some cases they can disinfect it and spray it on a field. In others they have to dump at a treatment plant and they pay per gallon so it adds to the cost.

I tell people to ask the contractor to do an annual inspection (for less) and only pump as necessary. Price comparison: the city will charge you $500 to $1,500 per year for treatment and these plants do a lousy job (lot of breakdowns and resulting pollution) but a proper septic system will treat wastewater better at a fraction of the cost...but you need to make sure it is a proper system to start with then you need to use it right.

However building these treatment facilities is a multibillion dollar a year business for the engineering firms and cities generate tremendous revenues from the fees so you seldom hear about the advantages of on-site systems.

Jim V

Reply to
jvonmeier

$125 for 1000 gal in NY. But I dig it. Add $100 if they dig.

Reply to
TH

The non-chump price here is SE Florida is about $150, or was 2 years ago. No reason to pay more.

It's like a lot of rarely-used services, if you're not careful you'll pay 2 or 3 times the fair price.

Try to find a neighbor or two who wants to go in with you. Most of us wait too long and would appreciate the offer. You can get a much better price that way.

If you know a landlord or property manager, as what they pay locally.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Mine cost $160 last year. Did it for the first time in 17 years. The guy said it was probably good for another 17. Just two of us. No garbage disposal.

Reply to
Ronald'