Septic Tank

What's the approximate cost of a 1250 gallon fiberglass septic tank?
Thanks.
now days they use concert
| What's the approximate cost of a 1250 gallon fiberglass septic tank? | | Thanks. |
henryc wrote:

Depends on where you are. A local lumberyard has plastic tanks for sale. The tanks often have to be towed behind a boat to the nearest beach, then carried, by hand, up into the woods.
That's not going to happen with a stone tank.

All tanks seem to run around $1/gallon wheree I live. I suggest you search Google or call around where you live. Shipping can make a BIG difference.

I disagree. A concrete tank will float as long as it is empty and the holes are capped..
Your talking to a guy (retire navy ) who operated concrete floating dry docks.
Steve
Steve wrote:

You left out "then carried, by hand, up into the woods".

holes
I'll second that - some friends had a concrete tank installed and were told to fill it with water immediately in case heavy rain floated it out of the ground
Peter
A fiberglass tank or a polyethylene tank will also float out of the ground if the water table rises around it. Material of construction is immaterial to this problem.

told
(Offbreed) says...

That's about right.
--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

Offbreed wrote:

I did a Google search and all the websites that sell the tanks are coy about indicating approximate prices.
I'm thinking about putting in a septic system in the mountains of Southern California. I'm trying to get an idea about the approximate cost.
Thanks
henryc wrote:

In our area, fiberglass is permitted. I want something that can more easily be shipped and installed without need of a crane.
By the way, it makes no difference to me whether or not the septic tank can float.
If I decide to sell the property, though, maybe I could hose it out and sell it as a boat. :)
Bill Fischer wrote:

Whatever the cost is where you live. Call someone out of the phone book and ask.
Maybe I missed something....
You asked what the price of a FG septic tank.. In the south they are almost double the cost of a concrete tank. $700-$900
We don't see many here.
Randy Ask the Plumber
Randy Anderson wrote:

Thanks, Randy.
I wanted to use fiberglass because such a tank would be so much more easy to install. My understanding is that one or two men can easily move it.
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:24:59 -0800, someone wrote:

Are the 2 men gonna dig the hole and trenches too? That is really hardcore. Most people would have equipment in to do that, and then while the equipment is there, set the tank also.
-v.
v wrote:

I'm one of the two men.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:46:33 -0800, someone wrote:

Who's the other one? Is this a secret survivalist HQ? Probably not, then you'd just ahve an outhouse....
-v.
Bill Fischer wrote:

Be careful. Every year quite a few people are killed when the sides of holes and/or trenches they are digging collapse on them. Digging a hole big enough for a septic tank is going to be QUITE a project!