Septic repair redirects underground spring (I think)

I recently had a 1,000 gal wastewater tank installed just downhill from my septic tank. It pumps the liquid effluent uphill to the drainfield. The old arrangement was a 100 gal plastic tub with two pumps and the pit in which it sat had flooded severely and the tank basically floated off its moorings and disconnected from the drainfield pipe. So the contractor recommended the installation of the underground concrete tank - basically a second septic tank - it won't float off that's for sure. The pit (a 4x4x8 ft deep block structure) was demolished and backfilled. It appears that whatever spring kept the original pit flooded has redirected itself and now exits the ground about 10-15 ft farther down the hill and now half my front yard is a shallow swampy muck! I'm wondering: if this problem didn't result in a flooded front yard before, why now? And is it possible to redirect what appears to be an underground spring

- I see water coming out of the ground in two or three different spots (mostly where excavation had taken place) within a 10 ft radius. Normally, the lowest part of my property acts as a non-tidal wetland, but this is happening farther up than ever before. Any resources for dealing with this sort of thing? Capping it would be great, but what I really need is a way to keep the water from spreading like it does.

Would like to hear any first hand accounts of similar problems and how they were dealt with.

Thanks for listening.

Reply to
northcountry

I have the same problem at my place. The uphill neighbor put a in ground pool in. Since then it seems as if every time the water table rises so does visible water rise out of the ground. Even when the water table stabilizes the same area is always saturated.

I have not found a solution yet. What I have done is to level the ground as best as possible to distribute the water over a larger area. I have considered putting is a drain system and looked at putting in a collector well. If you find a solution post it here. I'm out of ideas.

Reply to
tnom

Try the county extension office. They have helped me with water issues in the past.

Reply to
AlanBown