September 11

Page 3 of 3

"help is on the way" - let's see : If I am able to get out I'm getting out. All those below the impact and in the second tower have no excuse. "Experts" say vaccines dont cause autism but the evidence shows something else. Americans have become weak, soft, sheep and that is why we were attacked. We cant win a war against a bunch of towelheads because our soldiers arent free to kill the enemy and we lack the guts to destroy any area active with insurgents.

many were CUT OFF by the intense heat,smoke,and flames from the burning jet fuel;they were on floors ABOVE the conflagration. Also,getting down smoke-filled stairways full of panicked people from 60 floors up is not easy,either.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Whole bunches of conventional wisdom was shattered on that day. From the time of the rash of Cuban hijackings to 9-12, the airline's procedures called for cooperation with the hijackers to get them where they wanted to go safely. Worked fine until 9-11. Same basic principle with WTC. High rises were generally built along the concept of "defend in place" because of the concerns about having huge numbers of people evacuating all at once going down getting in the way of the FF going up. Except for floors directly impacted and a couple above and below, SOP in most departments was to keep people where they were and evacuate as needed.
You NEVER cooperate with terrorists. If they say they have a bomb- demand to see it. If they cant show it they dont have it. Same with guns etc. I cannot imagine allowing a few guys with box cutters to commandeer a plane when they are outnumbered 10 to 1. As to the stay in place doctrine- it's my life- I'm getting out at any cost. Crowded stairs can be cleared with enough people pushing forcefully. Some will fall but mosst will get out

Stormin Mormon wrote:

At work, one of the ladies in the office had a radio on and heard about the first plane. They thought it was a small aircraft at that time. Our US parent company fed one of the US new stations over our closed satellite network a few minutes before the second plane hit. We had the radio on over the intercom well into the morning despite being open to the public. Being I live on the west coast of Canada we saw an increase in air traffic that day as air traffic was diverted to our airports. I even remember seeing a passenger jet escorted in by a military jet. Calls went out asking the public to call in if they could take in stranded travelers. I don't believe this was necessary as the hotels and motels opened up everything they had. I remember feeling sick for days.

I was at work. Got a call from my Main Squeeze about it. No TV at work. Brought up an RS6K server as admin for sole use on a T1 line so I could watch CNN. That was 7 yrs ago. I guess today the avg hack can do the equivalent or better at home.
Red Green wrote:

Saw it at work in the conference room on the training tv/vcr, using an RV antenna I had stuck on a window of the local federal building several weeks before. Kept working until they sent us all home around noon. (They fancied themselves a high-value target.) Got into work e-mail server from home (this was before the e-mail lockdown era) and answered mail all afternoon, explaining that we were in evac status, while watching network news for next 12 hours and trying to get a dial tone and LD trunk to call family in other cities. All in all, not a day I care to repeat, ever.
-- aem sends...
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:46:11 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
I was in the first plane that hit the towers.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was watching the first strike on CNN when the second one hit and thought, this don't look right. If they had wanted to they could have hit a major building in every US city in the country at the same time. In a way we got off easy.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Stormin Mormon wrote:

At work at a large bank data center several hundred miles from NYC. I watched on the 40" TV as the towers fell and at the same time several alarms went off on the wire transfer system monitor nearby as several data lines that went through the WTC dropped.