Sensor type Sink Faucets and Toilets

Many stores seem to be putting sensor faucets in their restrooms. Personally, I hate them. Some work fairly well, while others are annoying as hell. Anything I hate is when I have to practically do a dance with my hands to get any water out.

A local convenience store had one that worked so poorly, that just to get a half second squirt of water took a minute of jiggling my hands at the faucet. I complained to the management several times and they did nothing. I finally contacted their corporate offices and they did make it work better, but still not perfectly.

If I had any opinions on the matter, I'd replace all of them with the old spring-back faucets, where the spring had a slight delay and the faucet turnd off.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone on here knows anything about these sensor faucets.

My main question is how do they adjust the sensitivity? Is there an adjustment knob or screw under the sink? (I dont see one on top, unless it's under some panel or something). Also, I dont see any wiring going to them, are they battery operated or what?

There are also the sensor toilets and urinals. Those seem to work better than the sinks, but there again, I see no wire going to the ones where the pipes are exposed.

Reply to
RockStation

Battery powered for most, but there are other options. As you can see below, they are expensive too

I think the biggest problem is lack of maintenance of batteries and adjusting.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They use batteries. The ones I am most familiar with use "D" cells.

Reply to
clare

I have to agree [quote] Place your hands under these faucets to start the flow of water. They're chrome-plated brass and have a fixed spout with an aerator. Faucets are ADA compliant when properly installed, UL listed, and compliant with regulations for drinking (potable) water.

Battery-operated faucets will run approximately two years on four AA batteries (included). Style N comes with a 6 3/16" oval trim plate.

Plug-in faucet comes with a 120/24 volt AC transformer with power cord and plug. [end quote]

So it looks like they have 4 "AA" batteries, or 24V from a transformer. They sure are expensive. Roughly $430 to $480 each.

Reply to
RockStation

Funny you should bring that up. While not a sink issue, the urinal's flush valve on our office building floor's men's room needs a battery replacement and has been that way for the last month. I left a message with the building owner a couple of weeks ago, but nothing has happened so far.

But, you can push the button on the top of the valve for a "manual flush" if you are so inclined.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia