Sensor Faucets for Sinks

Page 2 of 2
On Sep 29, 9:50pm, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

And there's no temperature or flow control. Good luck trying to rinse off a contact lens.
If they wanted to avoid the spread of germs, they should make foot- operated faucets.

I've seen those before, but not for years. Not a bad idea IMHO. Not many more moving parts than a regular faucet, and no damned electronics.
nate

Some do have a temp control on the side on the spout. Also, I was told by an electrician that Sloan sensor valves are low- voltage wired through the pipe itself.

Great. Something else for the degenerates to break.
I work in a professional environment. All the toilets and urinals have no-touch auto flushers.
It never ceases to amaze me how many times the toilets and urinals end up BROKEN.
This is why everyone is so sick now a days how can you build up resistance if you don't come in contact? Is our society now germaphobic?

today's modern,speedy transportation means new diseases or new mutations of old diseases can move to different areas very quickly. Also,we have immigrants who don't go through inspection/quarantine anymore,particularly illegal immigrants from nations that have endemic health problems.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yes.
Someone discovered that they could make MILLIONS by preying on people's latent germophobia.
Now you have anti-bacterial everything killing off MOST germs, but not all. The ones that don't die are immune to anti-bacterials, and multiply into a race of super-germs.
Eventually we are going to get wiped out by some super-germ.
On Sep 30, 12:50am, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

For one thing, I don't have to touch someone else's fecal matter, which was transferred to the sink handles when the previous user activated the faucet with the hand he just used to wipe himself...