semi-transparent over toner?

Can anyone say fer sure/ Can I use semi transparent oil deck stain over oil toner? I washed with a degreaser and it is clean. Toner on horizontals is only 1 year old but weathered for the most part. Want to tweak the color with more pigmented semi, was hoping good clean would be enough over light toner. There are no mildew or other issues.

Reply to
pedro