Selling prototypes, beta-versions: Liabilities?

I was in a class action against the company that owned one of the cellular systems (maybe cellular one) that predated VZW. I don't remember what the action was about but I do remember the final letter. "In order to preserve maximum value for the class, Dewey, Cheatum & Howe has agreed to accept $12,723,201.00

Members of the class received a phone card (remember them?) worth $5 that featured a per minute cost of almost $2. So you got to make a

Reply to
George

Do you have a moral compass? Do you work for a brokerage or something similar?

Not at all, just the amoral ones.

Actually have an honest lawyer in the family and a good friends kid is an honest lawyer. Note the operative word "honest"

Reply to
George

The worst suits are the ones where there no clearly defined benefit - only the remainder of a pool of X dollars AFTER the outrageous legal fees have been deducted. As for calling cards, I still use them! At less than 3 cents a minute, though. (-:

-- Bobby G.

*FOLLAND, MICHAEL FLEMING Rank and organization: Corporal, U.S. Army, Company D, 2d Battalion, 3d Infantry, 199th Infantry Brigade. Place and date: Long Khanh, Providence, Republic of Vietnam, 3 July 1969. Entered service at: Richmond, Va. Born: 15 April 1949, Richmond, Va. Seeing that no one could reach the grenade and realizing that it was about to explode, Cpl. Folland, with complete disregard for his safety, threw himself on the grenade. By his dauntless courage, Cpl. Folland saved the lives of his comrades although he was mortally wounded by the explosion.
Reply to
Robert Green