Self-Propelled Mower Won't Stop Moving

I have a self-propelled walk-behind rotary mower made by Frigidaire. (I got it at K-Mart several years ago.) When I release the "Engage Drive" lever, sometimes the wheels keep turning! When this happens, I can sometimes get the wheels to stop by lifting them off the ground and then putting them back on the ground. I have checked the cable. It works OK. What can I do to solve this problem?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Reply to
George

I would start by going back to the cable. Take it off both ends and make sure it moves smoothly. Then lube it. Then before betting it back on check the end near the wheels and see if that lever moves smoothly. Something is sticking, just keep disassembling things until you find something that is sticking. Lube everything as you go and you should correct any problem, even if you did not see it as you went.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The cable isnt releasing, is your Frigidaire white and box shaped, well maybe thats why, its really for Beer

Reply to
m Ransley

OK. I kept the mower going since June using gease, etc. Now the cable that makes it move or not move is getting frayed. (The cable is similar to a bicycle derailleur cable, It pulls, but it doesn't need to push. A spring does the return motion.)

Where can I get a replacement cable? Who actuallty made the Frigidaire/K-mart mowers?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Reply to
George

I think American Yard Products ...

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

They were taken over by Frigidaire Home Products. Then Fridigidaire Home Products was taken over by Electrolux, and their Web site is of no help on lawn mowers.

Reply to
George

Right progression of names, but wrong in the taken over.

Elecrtolux already owned American Yard Products and Frigidaire. They were combined under one management roof with other parts of the company to make Frigidaire Home Products. Electrolux then bought their name that they had sold years ago and renamed FHP to Electrolux Home Products.

No taking over just a lot of management shifts and name changes

Reply to
Bob

OK. I stand corected, but how do I get information about replacement parts for my mower?

Reply to
George

Do a Google search for "American Yard Products".

Reply to
HRL