Self-Leveling Concrete Down Basement Drain! HELP!!

I have a HUGE problem. My husband and I are new homeowners and therefore new diy-ers. We have a finished basement with berber carpet flooring that wasn't a good match for our two dogs. We decided to rip up the existing carpet and install laminate hardwood flooring in it's place. The concrete floor beneath the carpet was very uneven as it was sloped toward the floor drain in the adjacent laundry room. Fine for carpet- not fine for laminate.
To make a long story short, we purchased bags of self-leveling concrete and some creeped under the 2x4 we placed in the doorway and into our basement drain. We chiped away as much as we could physically access within the pipe. We believe there is a trap beyond what we have chipped away. We do not know how much further the concrete obstruction goes.
Any advice on what we could do ourselves to correct the problem? We believe the drain leads to the sewer and its main purpose is for drainage for water that may pool in the basement. Do we necessarily NEED this drain to function?
HELP, PLEASE!!!!
Dawn,
The bad news is that you have probably clogged this drain but don't give up just yet, pour some water down the drain and see what happens. If it is clogged but the rest of the plumbing in the house works OK then wait and see if the basement is prone to flooding. It's possible that you don't need this drain.. If you do need to remove the clog a plumber and a power auger may be able to punch through. Everyone makes these mistakes when they start out
Dave M.
Concrete is alkaline, Acid washing new mortar is bad, if you have Pvc drains then Muriatic acid might disolve its bond. Muriatic Fumes bad, open windows. Even vinegar might have an effect.
Wow,That is pretty bad but fixable. Most of the cement is probably in the trap. If water still flows and u did not affect other drains in the house, I would do nothing. If water does not flow down the drain, Its really not a big deal to rent a jackhammers and dig up the drain and replace the trap. You should probably hire a plumber if you want to go the dig up the drain route.