self leveler from home depot installed on gypsum sub-floor now cracking

I live in a one year old new construction condo in arlington virginia. It is a wood framed building. I have purchased 600 sq. ft. of

16x16x1/2inch limestone to install throughout. I found a gypsum based floor beneath my carpet and it had dips in it. Builder came in and put rapid set self-leveler from home depot down to help level it. I read the bag and called the company who makes the leveler because it says not to be installed over gypsum floors. Whole thing is cracking now and seems to be cracking the gypsum floor beneath which was pristine before. I am highly worried about the structure of my floor. Should it be removed, left? should I install floating membrane for tile? Should i be worried about serious damage? Andy
Reply to
harkless_3

You may be able to put a membrane down as long as the gypsum is not unstable, but.....I really think you should contact your homeowners ins. company as well as the builder. If the bag had directions not to use the product over gypsum, than the builder is as fault and should do whatever it takes to remedy the situation. Your homeowners insurance company will normally help you figure out what needs to be done. Don't settle with a band aid if surgery is called for. Steve

Reply to
steve