self-filling freestanding (non-duct-mounted) humidifier?

We don't have forced air. I'd like to get a humidifier we don't have to fill constantly. I can run copper or plastic water pipes to the desired location, but I can't identify a suitable humidifier.

Aprilaire makes a model with its own fan that humidifies through a wall (e.g. mounted in a closet), but I am not crazy about making a permanent hole, and also my experience with Aprilaire in our previous house (where we did have forced air) was not positive.

I was hoping to locate a console-type or other freestanding humidifier which would fill itself from an attached pipe. Either single-room or "whole-house" capacity would be OK.

All suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Chuckles

What was not positive about it? Aprilaire makes perhaps the best unit on the market today..

Reply to
CBHvac