Self-Cleaning Oven Power Needs

I am getting ready to purchase a gas oven that is self-cleaning for my 1960's era house. The specs say I need a 15amp circuit for the self-cleaning.
There is power to the current unit because it has a light and a clock
What was the typical rating of the wiring done back then, and how can I tell the amperage?
Thanks for any help.
Perry Aynum wrote:

time with 20 amp circuits for the kitchen in newer homes. Wire size needs to be #14 AWG minimum for a 15 amp circuit.

Thanks. I know I have 14 AWG vs the 12AWG i.e. I've got the thinner stuff.
Thanks for all the replies.

That is a minimum standard outlet used for the past 60+ years. Since it is a kitchen outlet, it may even be 20A. Take a look at the circuit breaker and it should be 15A or 20A. . In fact, there should be nothing less than 15A in the breaker box.
Gas stoves usually do not use a lot of amps anyway. In fact the only things that need electric is the clock and the electronic ignition for the stove and oven, which don't use a lot of amps to begin with.
Mike rock wrote:

And probably a solenoid mechanism to lock the door during cleaning cycle.