Self Adhering Window Film?

There's tons of the stuff on eBay in all sorts of patterns. Search for ' window film frosted' and that will get you into the right area, then find a pattern you like, then a seller that has it. You can also find one that is similar to what you're looking for, and see what else the seller has to offer. The bigger guys seem to specialize.

RicodJour

This was a topic a year or so ago on a board that I frequent. Several people suggested this site -

don't have any experience with it, but posters were happy with the product and the various types of films look interesting. (I actually found myself wishing I needed some film). At my old house, I just used translucent contact paper that I bought at the local (non-big box) hardware store.

This site -

- has designs more along the decal idea.

Reply to
Lee B

There's tons of the stuff on eBay in all sorts of patterns....

Duh. I've solved some unique needs on eBay, but that didn't even occur to me. Good point.

Unc

Reply to
uncle K

Thanks. Ya know, I think the comments here inadvertently solved another upcoming problem... a 2-fer!

We have a massive mirror (one wall of a dining area) in the desert. Trust me, I didn't design the place. They do that to make the room seem bigger. Before we bought it, a great Dane had lived there (what a perfect indoor dog for a townhouse). Apparently, he freaked when he saw himself in the mirror (sometimes I do too) and jumped up and boxed with himself, or maybe he was humping himself? (I don't do that). Long scratches, starting about 6 1/2' up, down both sides. I thought it would be cool to have a local artista paint a desert scene over the scratched areas, shaped like an archway, leaving just a little bit of mirror in the middle. I even figured out what kind of paint to use, but that project isn't on page one. One of these decorative vinyls just might be a better solution than paint. A lot easier than moving that mirror, too.

;-{

Reply to
uncle K

there's also an in-place sandblasting unit that has an attached vacuum. you could get a blasted pattern on it which would also hide the scratches. calll a window installation place or two to find out if one is available in your area (or you can buy one for

Reply to
chaniarts