Selecting pool paint to last for 5 years

I'm having a tricky time to decide on a white pool paint that will last for about 5 years until we can save up some money to re-plaster or pebble-tec and new waterline tile etc. The pool is 40,000 gallon gunite and it has not been replastered for over 30 years. The existing plaster is chipped in some spots, and other parts are still strong and intact. After pressure washing it seems like a pretty solid base for a coat, because the material that was loose has already worn off over the years. It had a coat of paint in the 1980s, possibly chlorinated rubber or acrylic, and that is mostly worn off. I am hoping that acid wash (followed by additional pressure washing) can remove any remaining paint specs so it doesn't create an adhesion problem.
I cannot decide whether I should do a very-temporary coat of something like synthetic acrylic or chlorinated rubber, just to get by until re-plastering down the road. That might not last for 5 years. So I'm leaning toward the Kelley Technical Coating Epoxy system. I'd use Gunzite primer and then Zeron epoxy, which should last 8 years.
Would the epoxy be so strong that it would make it harder to do a replastering job later on, vs. if I used cheaper acrylic or rubber paint? Would I possibly like the epoxy so much that I could decide to keep that instead of plaster? I heard that the algae adheres less to epoxy than it does to plaster. I am confused, would appreciate tips from anyone who has seen or tried different coatings, especially epoxy.

If you paint now, I dont think a concrete base coating can go over paint in the future

If you paint now, I dont think a concrete base coating can go over paint in the future
--
not only that, but if it had a coating on it, would paint or epoxy stick to
it now or are you forced into replastering, or at least removing all traces

Given the cost of pool paint, it would seem insane to paint over damaged plaster (band-aid). I have plaster damage on the bottom of the pool and no way would I paint it without repairs being made.