Seeking advice on equipment for mounted tools

Hi folks,

In mould work (plastic injection mould) I used pneumatic motor (hand held) to drive mounted wheels/cutter/miller/etc. for grinding/cutting/milling. At home I don't have such facility. Therefore I used electric drill. But it can't work. It burned the drill. What tool I need to buy for using such small mounted tools? Please advise. TIA

B.R. satimis

-------------------------------------

__!__ -----o----- \" \"

Reply to
satimis

I have a Foredom that I like a lot. Dremels are cheaper. I am assuming that you are asking about a hand held tool.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Not terribly clear as to what you are up to. I have a bench mount for my electric drill (3/8") that is sufficient for small grinding jobs. I have a "Dremel" tool for small work, but that is hand held. Perhaps a light drill press adapter for a fairly husky electric drill? Why are you burning the drill? Too heavy a load? Feeding the work too fast? Need more detail.

Reply to
deadgoose

If you are doing small and delicate work look at Dremel:

If you are doing heavier stuff, a Foredom flex drive is industrial grade. They cost quite a bit more:
Somewhere in between you might like something like one of the drywall cutting tools:
or

DanG

Hi DanG,

Thanks for your advice and links.

I suppose \" Dremel\" or \"Dewall\" will be the tool for my use. I use the bits on the picture \"Identify your bit\" on;

Since I only use the tool around my home I prefer an economic one.

-------------------------------------

__!__ -----o----- \" \"

Reply to
satimis

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your advice.

I think Foredom and Dremels are the tools for my use. I use the bits on;

I'm using the tool at home only not for profession. There I prefer a cheap tool.

B.R. satimis

-------------------------------------

__!__ -----o----- \" \"

Reply to
satimis

Hi,

I suppose Dremel tool will be suitable for my application. I use the tool around my house only.

An electric drill can work. I applied too heavy pressure resulting it burning the drill.

B.R. satimis

-------------------------------------

__!__ -----o----- \" \"

Reply to
satimis

For 1/4" shaft try this:

It's a reasonably well-made tool at a very good price, but note that it is

2 or 3 times the size of an equivalent pneumatic tool.
Reply to
Larry W

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your advice. This is a good and economic priced tool for me.

Ah, I forgot on my original posting mentioning the max shaft of the tool bits used is 1/4\". Sorry.

What did it mean \"it is 2 or 3 times the size of an equivalent pneumatic tool\" ?

B.R. satimis

Reply to
satimis