Seeking advice on equipment for mounted tools

Hi folks,
In mould work (plastic injection mould) I used pneumatic motor (hand held) to drive mounted wheels/cutter/miller/etc. for grinding/cutting/milling. At home I don't have such facility. Therefore I used electric drill. But it can't work. It burned the drill. What tool I need to buy for using such small mounted tools? Please advise. TIA
B.R. satimis
-------------------------------------
__!__ -----o----- \" \"

I have a Foredom that I like a lot. Dremels are cheaper. I am assuming that you are asking about a hand held tool.
Steve
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Seeking-advice-on-equipment-for-mounted-tools-620865-.htm satimis wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your advice.
I think Foredom and Dremels are the tools for my use. I use the bits on; http://www.foredom.net/
I'm using the tool at home only not for profession. There I prefer a cheap tool.
B.R. satimis
-------------------------------------
__!__ -----o----- \" \"
Not terribly clear as to what you are up to. I have a bench mount for my electric drill (3/8") that is sufficient for small grinding jobs. I have a "Dremel" tool for small work, but that is hand held. Perhaps a light drill press adapter for a fairly husky electric drill? Why are you burning the drill? Too heavy a load? Feeding the work too fast? Need more detail.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Seeking-advice-on-equipment-for-mounted-tools-620865-.htm satimis wrote:
deadgoose wrote:

Hi,
I suppose Dremel tool will be suitable for my application. I use the tool around my house only.
An electric drill can work. I applied too heavy pressure resulting it burning the drill.
B.R. satimis
-------------------------------------
__!__ -----o----- \" \"
If you are doing small and delicate work look at Dremel: http://www.dremel.com/Pages/default.aspx
If you are doing heavier stuff, a Foredom flex drive is industrial grade. They cost quite a bit more: http://www.foredom.net/flexshaftkits.aspx
Somewhere in between you might like something like one of the drywall cutting tools: http://www.rotozip.com/en-us/Pages/Rotozip.aspx
or
http://www.dewalt.com/tools/fastening-cut-out-tools-dw660.aspx
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Seeking-advice-on-equipment-for-mounted-tools-620865-.htm satimis wrote:
DanG wrote:

Hi DanG,
Thanks for your advice and links.
I suppose \" Dremel\" or \"Dewall\" will be the tool for my use. I use the bits on the picture \"Identify your bit\" on; http://www.rotozip.com/en-us/Pages/Rotozip.aspx
Since I only use the tool around my home I prefer an economic one.
-------------------------------------
__!__ -----o----- \" \"

For 1/4" shaft try this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/electric-die-grinder-with-long-shaft-44141.html
It's a reasonably well-made tool at a very good price, but note that it is 2 or 3 times the size of an equivalent pneumatic tool.
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Seeking-advice-on-equipment-for-mounted-tools-620865-.htm satimis wrote:
Larry W wrote:

Hi Larry,
Thanks for your advice. This is a good and economic priced tool for me.
Ah, I forgot on my original posting mentioning the max shaft of the tool bits used is 1/4\". Sorry.
What did it mean \"it is 2 or 3 times the size of an equivalent pneumatic tool\" ?
B.R. satimis