sediment plugged facet

Any suggestions on how to unplug the sediment out of the facet? what product would dissolve it with out damaging the pipes? or is the best solution a new facet?
thanks mike

Hi Mike, I think my first concern would be what is causing the sediment. Normally it's the faucet screen that clogs first. That's a simple clean it or replace. Does your faucet have a screen? If not I would want to find out why the faucet is gunking up, depending on last time this has happened. Yea, you can clean or replace, but if it just keeps gunking on you the problem is still there. Maybe a whole house filter attached to your inlet or an under the sink filter under the problem faucet may help. A yearly flush of the hot water heater also seems to help us. (things to do list...)
:-)
best.

out
list...)
Its the water heater, only the bath tub faucet got plugged every thing else is running just fine.
mike

Drain the water heater and get the sediment out, then refill.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don\'t
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/