Security Screws

Trying to fix a small electric heater held together with security screws.
The screws have a recessed triangle in the center; sort of like a square drive screw, but it's a triangle.
Do these screws have a name?
John
"John?] "

http://www.tamperproof.com /
--

SVL

They are TP3s.
Thanx.
John
I had to get into these once and I just ground an old screwdriver down until it fit. It would be easier to keep the triangle "equilateral" if you started with the right sized allen. Just knock off every other point.

until it

the
There ya go !!!
Just make sure and start out with a left-handed allen wrench.......
<G>
--

SVL

John] wrote:

You can remove them with a left-handed drill bit and a variable speed reversible drill. Replace with normal sheet metal screws, or put them back using a normal drill bit.
You can buy a left-handed drill bit at your local full-service hardware store.
Best regards, Bob
John,
These security screws may have a name, but in any case are usually obtained as part of kits of security screw bits.
Having said that I've had a look at my various security screw kits, which I've bought as I've seen them, and I don't seem to have anything like that. New to me, at least!
Ross
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:23:07 GMT, "John] "

(To get email address ROT 13) ebff snipped-for-privacy@lnubb.pbz
guess it you're clever enough to take apart the heater with the keep out screws, they don't need to worry about loosing any lawsuits after your family burning up in a house fire.
"John?] "

"John?] "

Try here for bits that will handle most security screws
http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/PROD/screwdriver-star/OD01-S
Sounds like a tri-wing driver. They sell these at McMaster-Carr. Look under tamper resistant drivers.
"John?] "