Security lights

I decided I was going to remove the reflectors from my 15 year old, inexpensive (<$30) Heath/Zenith double lamp motion detector lights so I could remove the rust and paint them. As an aside, why do manufacturers use steel for reflectors? What's wrong with aluminum.
Instead, I'm going to replace at least part of them. That's because the rest of the lamp is made of pot metal and the lamp brackets did not resist the minor - really minor - force placed on them by unscrewing the bulbs even though I was holding the socket to prevent turning. Additionally, the plastic "lens" covering the motion detector part has disintegrated in some and is cloudy in others.
I can't gripe too much about them as they *are* 15 years old and have worked fine. However, as long as I have to replace some I'd like to ask for recommendations; preferably something without pot metal; plastic is OK if it stands up to UV.
Thanks
--

dadiOH

better than the garden variety crap, you'll have to assemble the components yourself. RAB makes a universal floodlight cover plate, I think it's called EZ plate. With the plate, you can buy whatever floodlight holders and motion detector head you like. They thread into holes on the plate and you mount the assembly on your box.