sectional garage door

Hello everybody. I ordered and received a 5m wide sectional garage door from China.i have all the hardware but NO assembly instruction. The door is made of 4 panels, i have curved rails, strait rails, 2 springs, a lot of hinges, rolls and screws. Does any one have an assembly manual for such a gate? Many thanks in advance. Best regards. Rudy in the Philippines.

Reply to
ARNOLD_RUD

I don't have a manual but installation is usually done by stacking the door panel on top of each other (as if the door is closed). Support them in place with nails or screws on both left and right ends securely as you go up. Once the door panels are in place, then assemble the vertical tracks on both sides. Once in place, assemble the hinges and wheels into the tracks. Now that you are to this point, the door should be fully self supporting within the tracks. Next assemble the curved and horizontal tracks and support them. You are now done except for the spring assembly and it's very very tricky and dangerous if done wrong. You may want to call a professional to do the spring part. That is about all I know. Good luk

Reply to
george the jones

Look on the springs for a picture tab... it resembles Do Not Kill Yourself.

Reply to
Oren

Those Dam Chinese manuals, that dont exist or arn`t understandable, I have one for FREE, but its in Chinese.

Reply to
ransley

I've never been able to understand Japanese Arithmetic,

Reply to
Oren

Go to one of the garage door sites like Clopay and download theire book. All of these doors a close enough that you should be able to figure it out from there

Reply to
gfretwell

Hello George the Jones, Oren, Ransley, Many thanks for your informations and advices. Dear Ransley I have some chineses friends around, I would be interested in the manual, Can you scan it for me? Many thanks in advance, Best regards. Rudy.

Reply to
ARNOLD_RUD

First, loosely install the rails. The curved ones go where the door will transition from vertical to horizontal.

Loosely assemble the door panel hardware and rollers.

Install the panels from bottom to top and affix to each other.

Tighten and adjust hardware to fit and operate smoothly.

Install the springs and adjust the tension to where the door will remain in place wherever you stop lifting it.

If difficulties ensue, cuss the Chinese who made it, or the cheap bastard who bought it, as required. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman