Second power washer principle

I live where it freezes hard in the winter. I have a Karcher power washer with a six horse motor. When putting it up, how can I be sure that the pump is empty to keep it from freezing? Take the hoses off and hand crank it a few times with the switch in the OFF position? Maybe shoot a little RV antifreeze in there? And how about an electric power washer. I had a Husky take a shit because I put it up full of water and ...........
Steve
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:01:13 -0700, "Steve B"

hand crank it until you are sure the water is replaced by the RV antifreeze.
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:01:13 -0700, "Steve B"

My PW is 20 years old with a brass pump (Excell). Bought in Pennsylvania (stored during winter of the _Perfect Storm_) and later transported across country during a winter move, headed for Nevada.
I've not done anything extra, except store in the garage. If I'm a little late getting the PW inside I might cover with a folded canvas paint tarp, just to keep some frost off of the pump. YMMV