Second homes. Thoughts?

Many thanks for the useful advise. Did check with my home insurer and no problem leaving it vacant for months. Also, did find the idea of a webcam to monitor the house very interesting. I'll have to research that.
Subject: Re: Second homes. Thoughts? Date: Monday, December 11, 2006 1:43 PM

Sounds fun.
Find a couple of neighbors or three that will do chores for you and pick the best one and reward him/her handsomely for their caretaker duties.
In addition, I'd install a web cam so I could watch the place 24/7 from the 'other' place.

No problem paying premiums when the house is unoccupied. Better get it in writing that they will actually pay claims if the house is vandalized or burnt. Do not rely on what an agent says, it is not legally binding.
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/ (add .com after geocities)