Sears water softener and Morton System Saver salt.

Been using Sears softeners over the years. Our last softener had problems with the plastic solenoids eroding due to chemicals in the System Saver salt I was using (according to service tech,) so bought a new softener and started using straight Morton pellet salt with no problems. Was using 25lb bags (age catching up with me as far as lifting the 40lb bags), now only see 25lb bags with System Saver salt. Started buying no name pellets 40lbs but think it maybe bridging.

Just wondering if any others are in the same dilemma?

Reply to
Questor

I rather doubt that the bridging is due to the brand. We find that putting too much salt in the tank causing bridging. I really don't think there is much, if any, difference in brands. We always buy what is cheapest.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob-tx
30 plus years in the softener business, and I can tell you without a doubt, that all pellet salt bridges, and yes, there are certain ones that do bridge worse than others. But I will tell you that good solar salt will bridge less than any kind of pellet salt. period

Reply to
nefletch