Sears Tractor in Winter

This is the second year I have my Sears riding mower. It is kept in an attached garage. Last winter I started it every three or four weeks and it ran fine. This winter I planned on doing the same thing, but it just ran out of gas. So, should I put new gas in it, or keep it dry until the cutting season?

Reply to
Stan

I would leave it dry and drain the bowl on the carb as well. Barring that, add some gas stabiliser when you put it away every year to stabilise the gas. Otherwise it will leave a varnish residue in the carb and may gum up the jets in the carb.

Mark

Reply to
markmckiel

Unless you live in a region that dont get severely cold in winter, I am surprised it starts at all. Once the temp gets below about 40 deg. I never can get any small engines to start. Aside from the snowblower, I dont even try to start them. Last year I tried to start my Murray yard tractor to put it in the shed, and it would not start in the cold. I finally just threw a tarp over it and left it where it sat. It started just fine in spring.

Reply to
Gerry Atrick