Sears snowblower

Just finished installing new curved rubber paddles on my sears 5hp 1 stage machine. I find that when the blower stands upright with the auger not turning the rubber hits the cement drive. started machine up and found skid marks from worn rubber right away. The manual tells you to lift handle slightly to move forward. What gives? I sure don't want to start over with this junker. Frank

That's not right. Does this machine have little adjustable skids or runners on the sides to raise and lower the front of the unit? The paddles should not touch the pavement at all until you lift the handle.
Frank wrote:

Is the scraper bar worn?
MikeB