Sears snow blower

A lot of you had the same problem as I did regarding auger end rubber paddles on single stage machines. Sears does have part as a replacement must go to service center to buy .My machine is 1yr .old =====Sears attitude TOUGH S____. $19.28 x4 curved $2.98 Center) Frank

sears is not the sears of old, its run with a policy of pure greed and gouges.........
excellent place to avoid.
and no i never worked there
why would they or any company replace a wear and tear part for free? That would be the same as the wiper blades on a new car ware out guess I should get new ones for free.

I have no problem with wear and tear replacement. My question is should wear and tear occur after maybe six uses of the machine in about a year? I was also courious as to why a wear and tear item was not in the parts manual as a sub part of the auger. Frank

Sorry, Frank, but I doubt there can be any reason other than some manner of very severe abuse by the operator for your issue. I was never gentle at all with my single stage MTD blower, and after 10 years, I gave it to my BIL in good working order with the original rubber blades. They didn't even seem particularly worn, and I expect they will easily last as long as the rest of the machine. MTD is a relatively "cheapo" brand.
Yea I guess you guys are right. Wish I knew how I did that much damage. Oh Well I'm getting parts today and hopefully I will be back in business this week. By the way the machine this replaced was a 20 year old Toro same home, same paddles. My son in law thinks its great. Frank.

Maybe the height adjustment (if there is one) is set wrong? It would be prudent to invesitgate what happened, and rectify it, before you prematurely do similar damage to the new blades.