sears slide in gas range.

,i have a sears slide in range where the bake oven feature has stopped working.
model number is 36769891
broiler is working as our top burners
removed cover piece and observed igniter - does not glow.
my question is - do you simply replace igniter or is there a fuse, sensor or other piece involved. how is ignitor held in place and should anything else be done upon removal.
thanks
whistle wrote:

likely held in place with one maybe two screws. (mine was two screws) Very easy job. It took less then 15 minutes. There is no fuse that I am aware of.
Chris

Every one I've seen go bad needed the igniter replaced. Check for cost locally and at www.repairclinc.com You don't have to go to Sears for it. Most igniters are made by either Norton or US Carborundum and can be cross referenced by the dealer.