Sears Radial Arm Saw Motor Repair

Anybody know how to get the motor off a 10 inch radial arm saw. The motor is defective and I would like to take it to an electrical shop for repair.
I have started to remove it but I really am feeling my way around. Hearing from someone with experience would be fantastic !
Thank you
Howard Epstein snipped-for-privacy@FCC1.biz

If your unit is anything like mine, there are several hex socket head bolts holding the end caps of the blade bevel axles.
In other words, when the blade is 90 degrees to the backstop (arm straight out), the saw motor will tilt on the axles on either side of the motor (one facing you, one facing the post).
Undo those and the motor will begin to fall out of its "cradle".
CAUTION: there are "slugs" embedded into the mount castings that provide positional stops and part of the clamping. Don't lose them! They may even be spring loaded, so, be careful you figure out where they came from.
You'll also need to disconnect the power wiring.
[my unit dates back to the late 60's. Massive cast iron arm.]
Ask around, you may be able to get a manual online. I did.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Are you *certain* that the motor has failed?
Those Sears guys are well known for seeming to be dead when sawdust gets into the guts of the motor. Unscrewing and sliding the lower plastic cover off and blasting the unit with air (I just used my Toro leaf blower last weekend, by total coincidence) will often resurrect a dead/humming/no-motion unit for a few more years.
Art Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me
Yah, could be starting switch if just hums when turned on, could also be capacitor. If motor is truly dead, it will likely stink.
Walt Conner

Not necessarily. Mine smoked only a bit at first. From then on it didn't, yet, it still turned. Just no power.
Needed to be rewound.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
If the motor just hmmmms when you turn it on, Check for sawdust.
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 05:47:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:

<rj>
Howard Epstein, decides to chip in.

It could also be a weak extension cord. Always use the right size that is rated for the use with this type of machinery.
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.