Sears Kenmore Fridge Not Cool!

Hi all, I came home today and discovered my 12 year old Kenmore fridge isn't cooling. This is a side by side model. Freezer is fine, fridge part has a bunch of condensation all over the food/shelves. I pulled the cover from the inside of the freezer to discover that the coils are frozen over. Is this normal? The only servicable part appears to be a defroster themostat, kindof looks like a blinker flasher fuse in a car. Might that be the problem? Any help would be great! Thanks! The Doctor

Not normal. The defroster is a big clue. Next to check is the evaporator fan. You can get some troubleshooting steps at www.repairclinic.com
The Doctor wrote:

First thing to check is always fan and defrost timer.
The Doctor wrote:

Hi,
Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html
All coils covered in white snow, 1/2 covered and 1/2 bare, snow or ice??