Sears Kenmore Air Conditioner - How many tons?

I have a Sears Kenmore central air conditioner that was probably installed around 1989. I don't have any documentation, other than the name plate on the unit. It lists both 867.800120 and CA5030QA1 as the model number. The Sears 867 prefix indicates it was built by Keep Rite, which is a United Technologies subsidiary (same corporate parent as Carrier).

Is it possible to tell how many tons capacity the a/c unit is based on the model number? It isn't listed anywhere else. Sears was not able to help.

Thanks!

Reply to
Chris Taylor

Not that it means anything, but taking just the first numbers and going here:

It may be a 2 1/2 ton unit.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

CA5030QA1: The 030 tells me it is a 2.5-ton unit

Reply to
Moe Jones