Sears garage door opener, follow up

I recently posted a question concerning lack of range for the remotes on my new Sears garage door opener. The consensus was that I had a receiver problem so, on the second attempt, I arranged an appointment for a visit from the Sears tech. He did some tests and said that the receiver was off frequency. He re-tuned it and it works fine now. No parts were replaced. Thanks again to all who helped.

What equipment did it take to retune it?
PJ