Sears Garage Door Opener

Hello,

I installed a sears/craftsman 3/4 horsepower garage door opener. Everything went well. The unit works fine.

I however forgot to install the chain spreader, which installs right next to the sprocket over the motor unit. The old 1/2 horsepower unit did not have this.

For me to install this I would have to get up and loosen the chain again and install this spreader. Because of the chain tension it would require

2 people.

Is the chain spreader an critical part or a sound reduction part and can I forget this install until the spring/summer when its warmer to tackle this issue?

Thanks

Reply to
Mikail Dellovich