Sears Garage D.O. wall switch works but not remote

I know you may be saying "It's the safety sensors" but wait, I just replaced the saftey sensors 3 weeks ago.

I replaced the sensors because of a similar problem: the door would go up but not down. Even using the wall switch you had to hold the button down the whole time or the door would start back up and light would blink 10 times.

I replaced the IR sensors (with ones that were compatible from Chamberlain) and that fixed the problem... for 3 weeks or so.

Now, the wall switch will work going down or up (without holding the button down) but the remote won't work to close the door. The remote will close the door sometimes when directly under the unit. When we're about to pull out of the driveway after exiting the garage, the remote does not close the door.

This is confusing to me, when I replaced the saftey sensors, I thought I had found the problem, I don't get why it worked for 3 weeks then this happens. I also put a surge protector on the power plug. I appreciate any suggestions.

Here is the specs on it:

Sears/Craftsman 1/2 HP Model: 139.536415RT Chain Drive

Reply to
Jim

How old is the remote battery? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The battery was replaced about 4 months ago (July 2004), forgot to include that in the post.

Reply to
Jim

Reset the GDO and have it redetect each remote. That should fix this issue. Don't think this is related to the IR sensor replacement.

Reply to
Ron

Pay close attention to the post that asks about the battery.

I recently had a similar day of no remote..............apparently the cooler weather caused a tiny amount of corrosion on the battery connections.........opened it up, turned the battery a few times. Now the remote works fine.

and it was a cheap repair too.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®