Sears Craftsman - Lights won't operate - door operates fine

I have recently replaced the light socket on my 10 year old Craftsman

139.53674SRT1 Garage Door Opener since the light never turns on.

Not when the beams are broken (safety functions properly) or when the door opens - either via remote , keypad or wall switch.

Yes - I replaced the light bulbs as well and the wiring is correct - LOL

Does anyone know what the next part to replace might be ??

Thanks !

Reply to
jopron

Often, there is a relay that controls the light. When the door has been open for several minutes and you break the beam, do you hear a click? If you hear the click, you might be able to trace the wiring between the relay and the fixture and perhaps find a bad connection or solder joint on a printed circuit board.

Otherwise the relay, if there is one, could be bad.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

I don't know if Sears still does this but they used to have a heating element to control the delay time on the light. It looked like a big wire wound resistor with 2 forked lugs to fit under 2 screw heads. THe wire would frequently open up and the light would stop working. A quick fix would be to unwrap the wire enough to fit it under the screw head, The real fix was to get a new element. Mine used to go out like clockwork

As I said the older Sears used to do this. I dont know know if they still do.

Reply to
jmagerl