Sears air compressor wont meet the top pressure.

I have an older small sears craftsman air compressor. When I turn the unit on it will reach 60 psi. It will not go above 60 psi and continues to run. The tank holds the 60 psi after I manually turn it off. Is this something I can fix?
Add pictures here
✖

May have to rebuild it. God chance the piston/rings are worn.
Add pictures here
✖
God chance the rings are worn, or maybe the perma lube piston walls are dried out. Couple drops of oil in the air intake may relube the God rings.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Jan 13, 3:07 pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Edwin makes a good point. The other thing I would check is the relief valve. Make sure it isn't relieving at 60 PSIG and you are not hearing it when the compressor is running.
Add pictures here
✖
Some compressors need a couple drops of oil into the air intake now and again, to keep the piston seal. I had a small 12 volt compressor that plugged into the lighter. That was in the instructions. Thirty years ago, when people planned on keeping things around.
Does the compressor have a crankcase and oil? If so, it may be low oil. Or dirty old oil that ought to be replaced. Use non detergent 30 weight in most cases.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus