searching for a proximity triggered deadbolt for front door

I have seen deadbolt locks for front doors that are locked and unlocked via an infrared transmitter that fits on a keychain. Has any company come out with one that is triggered by a card fob in your pocket, similar to what is available on some of the high-end cars? It would be great to simply walk up to my front door with all of my groceries and have my door automatically unlock for me. Thanks

Reply to
Joe Blo

Try a google search for 'proximity door lock'. For some the remote has to be held close to the unit, but there is at least one with 36" range.

Reply to
David Efflandt

it can be done, but it costs alot . But batteries wear out on the locks , and locks fail due to cold , you Will get locked out one day...

Reply to
m Ransley

we have these at work, I will bet your going to freak at the price. Check under access control... Might try some local access folks and see if they have some parts.

Reply to
SQLit
Reply to
Robert L. Bass