seams with engineered stone

With engineered stone seams, how are the two pieces joined? With grout between them as with tile? Thanks Timo
"With engineered stone seams, how are the two pieces joined? With grout
between them as with tile? Thanks Timo "
If you're talking about materials like quartz countertops, they are joined together with an epoxy that is similar to the material they are made from.
Thanks. When the engineered stone is properly installed, should the seam be perfectly smooth along its entire length and be almost unnoticeable? The reason I'm asking is that my wife is interested in this sort of countertop since ours dates from the 1960s and is made of some material that absorbs stains like a sponge. The installation company we contacted by phone is over an hour away from us (they do Silestone) and said they couldn't send us a picture of a seam and couldn't send us any samples that had been seamed. The seam would be in a fairly prominent place on the countertop. I'm wondering if it's typical to put language in the work order which would hold the installer to some quality standard generally recognized in the industry? Timo

I'll assume that you are talking about the product used to face houses. First a wire mesh is attached to the house. Second, morter is parged over it and then a stone, with more morter on the back, is stuck to it. That's petty much it. You can add more between the stones for different effects.