Sealing the tile grout -shower area

Hello all... I recently had my bathroom renovated and my contractor did not seal the grout in my bathroom. It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm noticing that the grout by the seams (where the wall meets the tub) looks like it's wearing away. A few people have suggested to me that I "seal the grout" to prolong its life. I've been reading up on doing it myself and I have a few questions: -Do I need to caulk this area (where the wall meets the tub)? -How long will the grout sealant need to dry/cure/etc? Are there any other suggestions/comments anyone can provide as taking care of my shiny new tile? Note: This is glazed ceramic tile so I was told that the tile itself doesn't need to be sealed. Thanks in advance for any input. Lisa
[...]

Grout sealant is more for stain prevention.
I always caulk where tile meets another surface or changes direction, like in the corners of the shower.
Only a few weeks? Call the contractor back and have it fixed.